Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY: Tinted Pink Mason Jars

This project was so easy, I was shocked! I have been wanting to tint my mason jars as decoration for my bathroom and one day of insomnia, I finally did it.



Things I used.
  • Mod Podge (One of the tutorials said to use gloss only, but I used Matte because that's all I have and it worked for me!)
  • Red liquid food coloring (I read that gel works better, but liquid worked great for me!!)
  • Disposable cup
  • Stick to stir
  • Newspaper or paper towels
  • Decorative ribbon

First, roughly measure 2 Tablespoons of water and pour it in the cup. Then, put about 8-10 drops of food coloring in cup. If you want the tint to be light, you might want to put less drops, about 5 drops. Next, put 1/2 a cup of Mod Podge on cup and stir.

Preset your oven to "Warm".


Fill the mason jar and cover it completely and let it drain for a couple of minutes on the newspapers.


Clean the edges of the jars and place them in the oven for 20 minutes, add more time if needed.

If the color is what you wanted, then take out and cool. If you want a darker color, let cool, and repeat the process. When cool, wrap ribbon for added cuteness, and that is it!! I LOVE IT! :))

These pictures are from my Instagram. Follow me if you want @ IssamarSellene. :)

Inspired by: It's Overflowing








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...