Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY: 79 cent Book Cover and Bookmark

I wanted to post a super easy diy that I did in a little over 10 minutes. It takes almost nothing to do this and super cheap too!

Things I used to make this diy happen.

  • Mod Podge(5 to 6 dollars at Walmart)
  • paint brush (less than a dollar!)
  • scrap paper (59 cents at Hobby Lobby)
  • cutting pen or scissors
  • hard-book cover (10 cents at a yard sale)
  • bookmark (came with book!)
  • unused broken necklace (optional)
  • hole punch

First thing I did was to make sure I had enough scrap paper for this project. I made sure the paper would wrap around the entire book, once it did, I cut off the paper that was hanging off (DO NOT TOSS!! I used the leftover paper for the bookmark). Next, I applied a thin coat of Mod Podge to the front of the cover.
I placed one end of the paper onto the front of the cover and let it dry for a minute, then I applied Mod Podge around the side of the book and to the back. Make sure to get as wrinkle-free as possible. Let dry and start on bookmark.
Trace and cut the paper that you didn't use. Again, apply thin line of Mod Podge to the top of the bookmark, let dry and to the same for the back. After it dries, punch a hole and tie the rope that came with the bookmark or use a ribbon. I hot glued a part of a necklace that fell apart to the rope and wrote with a pencil "P.S. I love you" on the book and "xoxo" on the bookmark, both parts are optional.

I have the book sitting on top of my vanity mirror as a decoration. This cost me a little over 79 cents since I already had everything in hand except for the book, bookmark and scrap paper. Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...