Sunday, July 15, 2012

DIY: Pink Vanity Mirror

Hello!! I finally got to chance to get on my desktop and start blogging!! Yay! The day I signed up to Pinterest I was hooked. I love love love crafts and interior decorating is my passion. I started browsing the web and I knew I wanted to paint my very old, super wobbly vanity mirror a fun color. This vanity mirror has been around for ages or since I can remember and I love it. And thanks to tons of Pinterest repins later, I knew what I wanted to do. This is my first D.I.Y post so please do more research before attempting anything from my post. I am in no way an expert. Thank you!

The first thing I did was sand everything. I will be honest and say that I did not sand as well as I should of had because I did not understand the importance and it was my first time sanding wood. (painting newbie here, paper crafts I can do!) Anyway, next I used primer. I knew how important primer is so I made sure I applied it well.

I used RUST-OLEUM primer. I let it dry for 24 hours and then used my first coat of RUST-OLEUM candy pink paint the next day. I applied my last pink coat the following day. I recommend using the instructions for the paint you use.


After the vanity mirror was dry I wanted to distress it a bit, I didn't want to do anything too noticeable, and I was too chicken to use sandpaper so I bought Minwax, a dark walnut wood stain.
I used a cloth, dipped it and "cleaned" the areas I wanted it to look distressed. I used it very little because I was afraid of the final result but if you aren't, go crazy! :P Overall, I'm extremely happy with the result! :)


The end result!
Inspired by: Pinterest









1 comment:

  1. Very Nice.. thanks for sharing .. helps me alot

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...