Wednesday, May 21, 2014

DIY: My Toddler's Arts and Crafts Corner Space

This space has had a long time (a year of procrastination) coming! I am finally finished with it and I love the way it looks, but best thing of ALL... so does my son.



HERE IT GOES

I started this space for my two year toddler, at the time, he is now three. There was this empty corner in my office that had nothing in it, and I thought... this would be a perfect space for my son to have a place in my office. And that's how that journey started! I started to look for DIY's on my go-to website Ana-White.com, she has the best tutorials! Of course, I found a couple. The first one I used was Easy Ruler Clip Art Holder.

The second one was Arts And Craft Play Table. I followed the measurements exactly, except for the table dividers, I used my own.


Things I put in my son's arts and crafts table (just to give you some ideas):
  • Crayola finger paint
  • Crayola water paint & paint brushes
  • Foam picture frames
  • Crayons and pencil colors
  • Glue and scissors
  • Tracing rulers and stickers

The third tutorial I used was Flip Down Wall Art Desk (I ended up not doing this exactly how the tutorial intended, I had other plans).


All I used from the tutorial is the measurements for the shelves and the roll holder! It worked great for us because my son can just roll down the paper (like the pictures shown below) onto his table and color. He LOVES it! He also has easy access to his coloring books.


I'm so happy with finally finishing this project and that my son now gets to enjoy it!

Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...